Reading Journal Entry: Lunar Park, by Bret Easton Ellis

Lunar Park, by Bret Easton Ellis

Bret Easton Ellis mocks the memoir by writing a horror novel in which he is the central character. Oddly enough, I found the first half of the book, in which he rehashes his 'rise' as a famous novelist and subsequent descent into booze, coke, starlets, etc. the more scary part.

I'm a judgmental type of gal. Either all that stuff is true, and he's a worthless asshole, or in some sick, twisted way he wants it to have been true - see above. Yeah, yeah, it's an ironic commentary. Whatever.

Plus, the ending did NOT explain everything. A big fat lack of explanation.

Not recommended. I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I resent the time I spent reading it instead of worthwhile material.

Rant ps: Why is this guy important again?

No comments: