Reading Journal Entry: Appetite for Life, by Noel Riley Fitch

Julia Child was a fascinating person. After reading this biography, I understand why she had enough force of personality to attact Julie Powell's obsession in her late book. I have few personal memories of the original Queen of the TV Kitchen - Mom watching rerurns on PBS, and one of my introductory science classes screened Julia making Primordial Soup. I didn't get it - why was this tall lady with the funky voice such a big deal? Now I know. She was the first, she was the best, and she was a warm and genuine person.

Plus, she was a spy during World War II! How cool is that? OK, she wasn't really a spy per se. She worked in the office rather than the field. But still. Spies were involved.


1 comment:

Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa