Reading Journal Entry: The Trader Joe's Adventure, by Len Lewis

Poorly written and poorley edited. This story about the cult grocery chain Trader Joe's was not written with the authorization or help of the organization and it shows in the puacity of information contained therein. Lewis manages to stretch out publicly known facts over 200 pages through repetition and general wordiness. There's nothing here that's new, and the glaringly bad writing makes this almost unreadable. Atrociously bad. Really bad. Very, very bad writing. High school english class bad.
I like Trader Joe's, but I already knew that they were owned by Aldi, had a rotating stock of unique products, and treated their employees well. This book was not worth the time I spent reading it and I'm glad I didn't pay any money on it!

No comments: