The Word

I'm an inveterate* reader. I started reading at the age of 5, and once I realized the potential of fiction more thickly worded than See Spot Run to rescue me from dreary reality, never looked back. I read at breakfast, at night before going to bed, on the can, etc., etc., etc. Insert humorous anecdote about reading too much here. Let's just say I felt a lot of sympathy with the main character of The Neverending Story (which, by the way, is pretty darn good and much better than the movie) and leave it at that.

I've been reading less lately, and I find myself often rereading old favorites or new releases by familiar authors. I need to break out of the mold, jump the groove, broaden my mind.

But I've got a plan. I am going to read the greatest works of literature in the history of the world with the help of this extensive list of lists. I've got two under my belt, and I've already forgotten half the information I learned from the first one. Hence this blog - a reading journal, a collection of reviews, and a record of my adventures in reading.

*in·vet·er·ate
adj.
Firmly and long established; deep-rooted: inveterate preferences.

Persisting in an ingrained habit; habitual: an inveterate liar. See Synonyms at chronic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I admire your intended goal. :) Keep on truckin'.